The Mining industry in India is a major activity which contributes significantly to the economy of India. India has an exceptional assortment of big and small, manual and mechanized, opencast and underground mines.
The GDP contribution of the mining industry varies from 2.2% to 2.5% only but going by the GDP of the total industrial sector it contributes around 10% to 11%.
Undoubtedly, mining is a hazardous activity and has the dubious distinction of being the most dangerous profession in India. Every year a large number of fatal accidents take place deep inside the mines. Mining industry involves wide range of safety and health issues such as dust related diseases, noise induced hearing loss, vibration hazards and musculoskeletal disorders.
SHEORG being the Organisation dedicated towards improving the wellbeing of the workforce offers the following Services for the Mining Sector.
- a) SHE Awareness Campaign.
- b) Skill Development Programs.
- c) Safety Audit.
- d) Emergency Management Planning.
- e) Safety, Health & Environment Survey.
- f) Workshop, Exhibition and Conferences.
- g) Occupational Health Surveillance.
- h) Development of SOPs.
- i) Preparation of Work Manuals.
- j) Development of SHE Films.
Designed and developed by Techimpero